Come travel with us, around the world while we visit France, Egypt, Mexico, Japan and Greece. While in each country, we will explore the sites with virtual tours, cook yummy foods, play games, and make crafts culturally relevant to the regions.
We know that virtual travel is not the same as actually being in these countries, but we hope the you will learn a little something about the culture and be inspired to visit these places in real life someday.
Some highlights for the week include:
- Virtual tours of the Acropolis, the Lourve, Egyptian pyramids, Tokyo Tower, and other cultural sites.
- Playing both indoor/ outdoor games that have been played by children in the countries we virtually visit.
- A mini olympic tournament.
- Recipes for Crepes, Egyptian Sweet Cookies, Tacos, Sushi, and Loukemades.
Click the orange links for more info about each activity.
|Day of the week||Country||Outdoor Activities||Indoor Activities||Art/Craft||Food Snack|
Ball & Cup Game
Build a Model Chateau
|Tuesday||Egypt||Pick a Sport. Any Sport. Drawings on pharaonic monuments show that Ancient Egyptians laid the ground rules for almost every sport.|
|Wednesday||Mexico||Make a Piñata
|Thursday||Japan||Hanetsuki||Fuku Warai||Cucumber sushi|
|Friday||Greece||Mini Olympics||The King||Build a coliseum||Loukemades|
- sidewalk chalk and space to draw
Boule the set can be ordered by clicking the link )
- 1 paper cut out hat to tape to each players back
- 8 Pool Noodles – 2 a little longer for the pole, 5 for the circles and 1 for the Javelin
- Duck Tape in blue, black, red, yellow and green
- Broom handles to hold up the poles
- 2 x 4 piece of wood
- Scrap pieces of wood for ends
Bean Bag Toss
Water Bucket Relay